Saturday, April 5, 2008

Meeting of the Minds

We have finally settled into a guest house which is 500 baht (16$) a night. That is something that is unheard of in the States thats for sure. We have air conditioner (air con) and internet access. Yes you heard me right, $16 a night. Well yesterday we met up with friends here in Chiang Mai. Amy and Dean own a local restaurant called Lucky Foo's, which is named after their dog Foo of course.

Kete and I ate lunch at Foo's and made plans to see a couple orphanages in the area to do work at. Amy used to work at the local orphanage called Baan Kingkaew. They house children from birth to 5 years old.
We were also in contact and set up a meeting with friends Scott Jones and Joom Tewintarapakti. They are two amazing and unbelievably caring people. They head up an organization here called Give and Live. The work they have done in this community is something I aspire to do in any area. We chatted about great work and crazy stories. We came to the conclusion that we will look into several options in the area and see where The LiL's help is needed most. May it be at The Children's Garden or at a local home for children with HIV positive. We will know more within the next couple of days. Until then Kete and myself are just trying to stay open minded to whatever may come our way.
One of the things that we are eagerly waiting is the Thai New Year which is dubbed Songkran.
This is the biggest water fight in the world. I mean thousands and thousands of people just throwing buckets of ice cold or warm water all over you. A ton of water guns being aimed at you from every direction. There is no room for anger, just laughs and play. I'm hoping to pick up a waterproof camera with my water gun before the festivities. I'll be sure to put up the pics as soon as I can. I have added more pics of Lucky Foo's

Today we checked out a couple orphanages and we have to return back tomorrow and Tuesday.
We will find out as to where our assistance is needed.
By the looks of it there is plenty of work to be done. I will update you more as I find out in the morning.

Love is Life

Steve & Kete

No comments: